Multimedia Content Specialist
Shore Country Day School, Beverly, MA
Shore Country Day School seeks a creative Multimedia Content Specialist to serve as the school’s key storyteller tasked with crafting and producing compelling content. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the person in this role will be responsible for advancing the Shore brand by telling our story in new and exciting ways, growing awareness, and improving engagement with a variety of audiences. The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a range of formats and project types including written news and blog articles, photography, video, digital and social media content, website editing, and digital analytics. The Multimedia Content Specialist is an integral member of the Institutional Advancement team, which includes admissions and enrollment management, fundraising and alumni relations, and marketing and communications. This is an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative team of professionals in the Institutional Advancement office and a vibrant school community at Shore.
Required: Bachelor’s degree and two years related marketing communications experience. Must have direct experience with developing written and visual branded content, digital photography, videography, and social media management.
Additional requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Capture, post-produce, and maintain a photo and video library of daily school activities, sporting events, special events, and performances.
● Craft compelling written content for our website, social media platforms, news articles, blogs, and print publications. Includes requesting and integrating content submissions and ideas from collaborators across the school.
● Produce original, engaging content to depict and promote life at Shore across our digital channels, growing our audience.
● Develop storyboards and content for photo, video, and social media projects to support Admissions and Advancement needs.
● Assist in maintaining the school’s website with a focus on content strategy and SEO best practices.
● Monitor social accounts daily and respond to comments, posts, and messages. Connect followers with appropriate staff.
● Develop digital and social advertising strategies and content. Create, post, monitor, and analyze campaigns.
● Monitor performance, measure effectiveness, and make recommendations for improving performance across all digital platforms and programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Ability to develop creative project concepts to meet marketing, engagement, enrollment, and fundraising goals.
● Exceptional skills in writing, editing, and creative storytelling content generation for news articles, blog posts and social media; knowledge of SEO best practices.
● Experience with photography, videography, editing, and graphic design.
● Ability to use Google Analytics and other measurement platforms to understand, report, and make recommendations on content performance.
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications and workflow; fluency with Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and Lightroom.
● Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
● Able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner.
● Able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
● Proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
● Able to work independently with limited supervision and able to self motivate.
● Highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three examples of creative work for which the candidate was primarily responsible to the attention of Carrie Kirby, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equity and Inclusion Commitment
● We are a safe community that empowers the exploration and expression of our true selves.
● We thrive because we confront bias and honor the diverse identities of all people.
● We pursue individual and systemic cultural competence in order to model equity leadership in a complex world.