MS Social Studies
Friends Academy, Dartmouth, MA
Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Friends Academy is a small, progressive EC-8 school of 240 students on the South Coast of Massachusetts. We are known for having a strong sense of community that balances academics, arts, social and emotional learning, athletics, and outdoor activities.
We are looking for a social studies teacher for the 2022-23 academic school year to join our Middle School team. This role will include teaching four sections (likely Grades 7 and 8), advising a group of students, and other duties. Stipends are available for those who support after-school activities.
The ideal candidate would:
- Love Middle School students and learning
- Serve as a role model for students and demonstrate a commitment to our school’s mission
- Design, implement, and creatively deliver curriculum
- Promote responsible citizenship and respect for diversity and differences
- Have a positive outlook on the world and opportunities for young people
- Desire to contribute to something larger than oneself and have a deep-seated belief in the power of teamwork
- Differentiate curriculum for different types of learners
- Be dedicated to social-emotional learning and positive discipline practices
- Collaborate with grade teams and departments to create an integrated academic program for our students
- Help prepare for and facilitate Student-Led Conferences
- Be involved in extracurriculars as well as Outside the Classroom trips and overnights
- Teach on campus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field as well as teaching experience
- A passion for middle school, a sense of humor, and positivity and warmth
- Dedication to teaching and learning in a vigorous, progressive school community with commitment to equity and inclusion.
We would love to hear from you! To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Chris Cowherd, Head of Middle School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.