MS/HS Spanish Faculty
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
SPANISH TEACHER: Temporary, February – June 2023
The part-time Spanish Teacher will instruct students in grades 6, 7 & 9 in the fundamentals of the Spanish language, including reading comprehension, writing, speaking, and listening skills across a range of proficiency levels. This is a part-time, temporary position with 16-20 weekly teaching hours, plus recess and standby duties. Our part-time or temporary faculty often transition into full time teaching positions; although we cannot guarantee this.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instruct students in the Spanish language in middle and high school.
- Execute daily instructional lesson plans that are age and developmentally appropriate for all students.
- Interact respectfully with all students and convey an enthusiasm for learning in a collaborative setting.
- Maintain accurate and transparent records of student’s work and provide feedback to parents/caregivers.
- Communicate clearly/effectively with students while facilitating an inclusive classroom environment.
- Complete faculty recess and standby duties, as assigned by the Assistant Head of School.
- Attend bi-weekly assemblies, monthly staff meetings and other meetings/conferences, as needed.
- B.A. in education, Spanish, or related field, M.A. preferred.
- Native written and verbal communication skills in Spanish.
- 1-3 years of experience teaching Spanish, preferably at the middle or high school levels.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a dedicated staff and involved family community.
- German language skills are helpful though not required.
Classification: Exempt, part-time
Salary Grade: Faculty Salary Scale
Reports to: Head of School
Start Date: February 1, 2023
Contact: Please direct your application to Sara Kagey, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org