Model UN Club Supervisor
Shady Hill School, Cambridge, MA
Shady Hill School is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to supervise our new Middle School Model United Nations (Model UN) Club, beginning in January 2024. The Club Supervisor will be responsible for all aspects of the Model UN Club including facilitating weekly meetings on Wednesday afternoons and chaperoning students attending 2 or 3 Saturday conferences through June 2024. The pay for this position is $40 per hour, targeting 2 hours per week plus the Saturday conferences. This is a part-time hourly position and does not qualify for benefits.
- Plan and facilitate weekly Model UN Club meetings for a group of Middle School (grades 6 – 8) students in preparation for 2 – 3 local conferences
- Assign and give feedback on students’ research papers and presentations on various topics
- Organize all aspects of group enrollment and attendance at 2 – 3 local conferences and chaperone students during conferences
- Create and maintain collaborative, positive club dynamics for students, encouraging individual and group learning and participation
- Previous experience working with groups of Middle School students in an academic or club setting required
- Ability to manage group dynamics to facilitate a safe environment for students required
- Must be organized, patient and flexible, able to adapt to different learning styles
- Previous experience with Model UN preferred
To apply: please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “Model UN Club Supervisor” in the subject line of the email.
Shady Hill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employees must be authorized to work in the United States. For more information on Shady Hill please visit us at www.shs.org.
COVID 19 Protocols: All Shady Hill employees are required to provide proof of vaccination and to observe campus covid protocols. All health and safety protocols are subject to change based on state, local and CDC guidelines and at the discretion of the Health and Safety Team.