Middle/Upper School Spanish
The Derryfield School, Manchester, NH
The candidate must be able and interested in teaching all levels of Middle and High School Spanish, possess positive interpersonal skills, enjoy working with Spanish 1 through Advanced Topics Spanish students, and have the energy and interest to contribute to the school community in a variety of areas. Responsibilities of the position include a combination of classroom teaching, student advising, and leading or serving as an assistant of extracurriculars such as clubs and/or academic or athletic teams.
Qualified candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Spanish, a related field, or relevant life experience
- A high level of Spanish fluency and experience teaching
- Energy and interest to contribute to the school community in a variety of areas working with students beyond the classroom (e.g. coaching, clubs, trips)
- A growth mindset and flexible nature to take on new challenges and adjust to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Proven commitment to equity and the belonging of all community members.
- Experience teaching Spanish at a Middle and High School Level
- Experience working with colleagues to develop curriculum and program
Salary for this position is competitive with similar positions for day schools in New England. For information about the school, please visit our website at discover.derryfield.org. An equal opportunity employer, Derryfield is fully committed to attracting, retaining, and developing the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, age, nation of origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three written references to Human Resources, Debbie Bremberg at email@example.com.