Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy seeks a full-time Middle School social studies teacher for an opening beginning in the 2022-2023 school year. We are looking for a teacher who is deeply committed to teaching and working with the middle school age group and has a passion for social studies. In addition to outstanding teaching ability, we seek teachers who are inquisitive, self-directed, team-oriented, and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
A bachelor’s degree is required and a concentration in history is expected. A minimum of three years of teaching experience at the 5-8 grade level is required, and teacher certification is preferred.
Roles and responsibilities include :
- Teach four sections of Middle School social studies
- Design, plan, and implement student-centered lessons which demonstrate a deep understanding of the academic discipline, curriculum, instruction, anti-bias and anti-oppression teaching practices, and learning objectives.
- Regularly informally and formally assess student learning, behavior, and social-emotional development.
- Communicate regularly with students, families, and colleagues both formally and informally.
- Incorporate feedback and reflection to further develop teaching and learning and curriculum.
Additional duties typically include advising, supervising students, leading extracurricular activities, participating in faculty meetings and professional development.
Qualified candidates will possess excellent communication and writing skills and technological proficiency is assumed. Flexibility, creativity, a sense of humor, and strong work ethic and a commitment to being a strong team member are all critically important. Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse community is essential.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.