Middle School Science Teacher – General Science/STEM
Carroll School, Lincoln, MA
Located in Waltham, Lincoln, and Wayland, Massachusetts, Carroll School is an independent day school that serves students who have language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia. The Carroll Middle School is located on the LIncoln campus and serves grades 6-8.
In an effort to address the greatest need of each child, we recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to a child’s learning experience. Our work is important, and we welcome candidates who add to the diversity of our community and demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in their work.
Research shows that underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Carroll School encourages you to break that statistic and apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salary and benefits, including a strong professional development programming such as Orton Gillingham training.
The Carroll School seeks teaching candidates with a growth mindset and a true passion and commitment to lifelong learning. Candidates who are motivated by helping students to attain a strong sense of identity, self-worth and who are eager to equip students with skills and strategies for academic success. The ideal candidate brings a collaborative style, is self-directed, child centered and values a community of highly engaged, compassionate, motivated educators who embrace and apply culturally responsive teaching practices. We are seeking candidates with experience and/or interest in teaching students with language-based learning differences and who are drawn to acquire the necessary competencies to successfully teach our type of learners.
This science teaching position requires a candidate with experience teaching students with language-based learning differences, who has a strong science background and knowledge of the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks/ Next Generation Science Standards.
- Teach 4 sciences classes/day consisting of 8-12 students
- Apply a multisensory, diagnostic, prescriptive approach to instruction
- Create highly focused data informed lesson plans specific to students’ needs
- Work with Middle School curricular team to develop and customize grade level curriculum through a culturally responsive lens
- Develop positive working relationships with all constituencies; students, parents, colleagues and administration
- Serve as homeroom advisor for up to 6 students
- Meet regularly with coach, teaching team, administrators, and/or parents of students as needed
- Supply grades, written comments, and interim progress reports as required to school administrators; participate in 4 annual parent conferences
- Integrate technology into academic classes and overall program
- May assist in after-school program activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- Have the ability to teach using multi-sensory education methods
- Willingness to train in highly specialized approaches to teaching students with language based learning differences
- Desire to teach multicultural curriculum
- Experience using multi-sensory education methods; familiarity with STEAM, Google Classroom, digital technologies a plus
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience preferred