Middle School Science Teacher
Rocky Hill Country Day School, East Greenwich, RI
Middle School Science Teacher
Rocky Hill Country Day School seeks a highly qualified Middle School Science Teacher for a one-year position with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Rocky Hill Country Day focuses on innovative teaching and an interactive, inquiry-based educational experience to ensure that RHCD students grow to become navigators, critical thinkers, citizens, and communicators, who are innovative, self-aware, ethical, and globally-minded. Our diverse student body is made up of domestic and international students, and our intentionally small school community allows for individualized instruction and creates a familial setting throughout campus. Overlooking acres of saltwater marsh and Narragansett Bay, Rocky Hill Country Day School’s stunning campus fosters exploration and discovery for students in all divisions, nursery through grade 12. Rocky Hill Country Day School graduates are bold learners, prepared to navigate a complex and changing world.
Start date: Immediately
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 6th and 7th grade science with an emphasis on Earth Science in the 6th grade and Life Science in the 7th grade.
- Act as an advisor to a group of students
- Fulfill an additional duty as assigned by the Middle School Division Head
- Perform other duties as assigned by, and in support of, the Head of School.
The candidate will possess the following:
- the ability to connect with students to develop healthy and supportive relationships.
- strong interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- the ability to collaborate easily and openly with others while also being self-directed.
- excellent judgment and responsiveness.
- the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- possess an innovative, growth mindset.
- knowledge of inquiry based pedagogy including project-based learning and other experiential approaches.
- knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and commitment to ongoing growth in this area.
- knowledge of mindfulness practices and how to embed them into the classroom experience.
Education & Experience:
- a bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree preferred.
Founded in 1934, Rocky Hill Country Day School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school in East Greenwich, RI made up of 300 students in nursery through grade 12. To learn more about our community, please visit www.rockyhill.org. Our waterfront campus is on the Potowomut peninsula and offers a unique setting, where students and faculty alike demonstrate a sense of energy, imagination, and entrepreneurial spirit. Rocky Hill Country Day School stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty and staff, the operation of programs, and the governance of the School be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
If this description speaks to you and you love working in a fast-paced and rewarding community, please send a cover letter and resume BY EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com.