Accredited by NEASC
Middle School Science Teacher
Faculty / Full-Time
The Derryfield School, Manchester, NH
The candidate must be able and interested in teaching 6-8 grade Science, possess positive interpersonal skills, enjoy working with middle school students, and have the energy and interest to contribute to the school community in a variety of areas. Responsibilities of the position include a combination of classroom teaching, student advising, and leading or serving as an assistant of extracurriculars such as clubs and/or academic or athletic teams.
Qualified candidates should have:
- A degree in science or a related field.
- Experience teaching life science, physical science, and earth science concepts at an introductory level with a focus on implementing science and engineering practices.
- Energy and interest to contribute to the school community in a variety of areas working with students beyond the classroom (e.g. coaching, clubs, trips).
- A growth mindset and flexible nature to take on new challenges and adjust to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Proven commitment to equity and the belonging of all community members
The Derryfield School
Elementary, Middle School, High School