Middle School Science Teacher
Epstein Hillel School, Marblehead, MA
Epstein Hillel School, a vibrant and progressive independent K-8 Jewish day school in Marblehead Massachusetts. Epstein Hillel School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.
We seek a dynamic and flexible part-time teacher who has a passion for science and understands how to engage middle school students. The EHS curriculum is interdisciplinary and candidates must be creative, flexible, and committed to professional development.
Applicants must have outstanding teaching ability, sensitivity to the social and emotional needs of middle school students, strong organizational skills, and be driven to explore ways to reach all learners through differentiated instruction and varied assessment. Applicants must have references that speak to their ability to develop positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents. The position requires excellent collaborative and communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to inspire curiosity and creativity in students.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating academic excellence through appropriate lessons and regular assessments using a variety of teaching strategies
- Integrating technology effectively to enhance instruction
- Communicating with parents openly and consistently through newsletters, email and conferences.
- Working collaboratively with STEM team on all school initiatives and eventsSupporting the mission, philosophy, and core values of EHS
- Attending all required faculty meetings and school sponsored events
- A master’s degree in education, science, or relevant field.
- 3-5 years teaching experience with middle school aged students.
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line Science Teacher to Head of School, Amy Gold – email@example.com