Middle School Physical Education Teacher and Coach
Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Lesley Ellis School
Part-Time Middle School Physical Education Teacher and Coach (1:00 – 5:30 M-Th)
Possibility to expand position to full-time.
(Start date: August 25, 2022)
Lesley Ellis, an independent school preschool-grade 8, seeks experienced middle school Physical Education teacher/coach candidates who will bring expertise and enthusiasm to P.E. classes and afterschool sports and have the desire to work closely with teammates to ensure an enriching learning experience for all students.
Successful candidates will:
- Teach grades 7 and 8 PE classes and coach soccer, basketball, and cross country;
- Design, plan and implement lessons that support all levels of physical abilities;
- Work in close collaboration with the middle school team members and other faculty and staff:
- Demonstrate respect for diversity among faculty and students and promote an environment that values diversity and social justice;
- Have a passion for working with middle school students;
- Attend all-school events and faculty meetings (as coaching schedule allows).
- BA in Physical Education
- Experience teaching middle school Physical Education
- Commitment to actively work toward an inclusive, antiracist and anti-bias school environment
School year position. Competitive salary.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to:
Head of School, Deanne Benson at email@example.com
Lesley Ellis School is an equal opportunity employer.