Middle School Math Teacher
Providence Country Day School, East Providence, RI
The Providence Country Day School seeks to hire a Middle School level math teacher. Candidates should be warm and engaging and reflect the core values and mission of the school. This individual will be expected to execute lesson plans that promote both inquiry and project based learning and cultivate the innate love of learning in every child.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of 3-5 years experience teaching upper elementary grades or middle school.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Teaching and executing lessons for math classes: Sixth Grade Math, Pre Algebra, Algebra I and Algebra II
- Advisor role: oversee the academic, extra curricular and social experience of students and act as point of contact for parents
- Effectively use technology to enhance student learning in the classroom and for virtual lessons
- Assess student performance, provide quarterly academic updates and grades and comments for report cards
- Conduct parent conferences
- Collaboration with division and department members
- Supervision of clubs, class trips (possible overnight), and daily recess and lunch duties
Candidates of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We strive to have a team that reflects the diversity of our students and families. It is important to us that our students can see themselves in the adults that surround them each day. PCD is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to Susan Anderson, Assistant to the Head of School, at email@example.com.