Accredited by NEASC
Middle School Math Teacher
Faculty / Full-Time
The Woodward School, Quincy, MA
Description: The Woodward School, an independent day school for girls in grades 6- 12, in Quincy, MA, seeks a Middle School Mathematics teacher for a full-time position beginning in late August of 2022.
- Specific responsibilities for this position include: Teach Middle School Mathematics to students in grade levels 6-8, including Algebra 1.
- Collaborate with colleagues in developing curriculum to provide a solid preparation for high school math.
- Engage in ongoing professional development.
- Serve as a Middle School Advisor.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Participate in other school events: Admissions Open Houses, Graduation and other important annual all community events (TBD).
- Engage and contribute to the overall community life of the school. Skills and
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or equivalent required; Master’s degree in strongly preferred
- Strong Middle School Mathematics content and curriculum proficiency
- Ability and confidence to utilize technology to facilitate and enhance teaching and learning
- Minimum of three years of Middle School teaching experience preferred
- Applicants with curriculum planning and teacher supervision preferred; Ideal candidates will have: a strong background in teaching Middle School Mathematics; an understanding of the developmental needs of children; skill and experience with differentiated instruction and assessment; the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleges; a commitment to Woodward’s mission to empower and advance young women through education and to working collaboratively to uphold the values of the school and our programs in a diverse, equitable and inclusive learning community
The Woodward School
Elementary, Middle School, High School