Middle School Math/Science Teacher
The Sage School, Foxborough, MA
Do you enjoy teaching high school level math and science and have the energy, passion, and creativity to engage with gifted middle school students?
We are looking for an experienced, flexible, and approachable math/science teacher to join our team. This individual would be a key member of the Upper School Faculty with the potential to grow into an academic leadership position. Sage math students learn through a combination of blended, small group instruction, and project-based learning opportunities. In Upper School, students have the opportunity to learn concepts from pre-algebra through statistics and pre-calculus. Groups are determined by progress/need areas, and lesson topics are determined by independent work and assessment data. Our interdisciplinary science program makes science relevant, updated, and timely and is tightly connected to math. Students are taught and encouraged to develop a sense of independence and to pursue their passions and interests.
The Sage School is a Pre-K through Grade 8 school enrolling 160 students in Foxboro, MA. Sage, a school for gifted and talented students, is committed to providing advanced academics to students from the greater Boston and Providence areas and beyond. We are a small, cohesive, nurturing community that values the free expression of ideas, the individual contributions of our members, and all types of diversity. We are committed to the core values of Passion, Excellence, Respect, and Collaboration. The Sage School does not discriminate in its hiring practices, and seeks to maximize the diversity of the school, in terms of class, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities/disabilities, and language.
Responsibilities will include
- Co-teach math small-group sections in 4th–8th grade, as well as 8th Grade science
- Mentor small groups of STEAM-based interdisciplinary projects
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner with all community stakeholders, including parents
- Integrate classroom technologies to enhance teaching and learning
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to develop interdisciplinary projects and integrate science concepts across the curriculum.
- Actively participate in the development of the department curriculum and co-curriculum
- Assist students in project-based research as well as recognizing and developing academic and leadership abilities
- Maintain an active presence and participate fully in campus life by attending school events and activities when possible.
- Assume additional responsibilities (e.g., serving on committees and advising clubs) in other areas of school life
- Stay current with the latest developments and research in math/science education by attending professional development opportunities to enhance teaching skills and knowledge
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to develop interdisciplinary projects and integrate science concepts across the curriculum
- Bachelor’s degree in education, math, biology, physics, or a related STEM field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Prior experience teaching middle school math or science, preferably in a gifted education or advanced learning environment
- Strong knowledge and passion for math and science concepts and their application to real-world contexts
- Familiarity with inquiry-based learning and hands-on, experiential teaching methods
- Ability to differentiate instruction and adapt teaching strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- A collaborative mindset and a commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
- A positive attitude, a flexible approach, and a sense of humor
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three letters of reference to:
The Sage School
171 Mechanic Street
Foxboro, MA 02035