Middle School History Teacher
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Start Date: August 2023
Department: Middle School
BB&N is seeking a full-time Middle School History Teacher (with the possibility of teaching one English class). The BB&N Middle School consists of Grades 7 and 8. Responsibilities include teaching three classes across both grades, working in our co-curricular/Advisory program, and additional responsibilities including coaching and/or supporting the athletic program as well as contributing to current program needs.
BB&N seeks a candidate who is:
- Committed to teaching history through multiple narratives and contributes to a dynamic and engaging classroom experience for students
- Dedicated to encouraging middle school aged students to seek the truth and to engage the world around them with a critical eye
- A creative and multi-dimensional educator whose personal and professional characteristics will bring new perspectives to our community.
Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate will have a degree in History or a related field. A Bachelor’s degree is required. While a master’s degree in history and at least four years of experience teaching history at the middle school level is preferred, we understand that not every great teacher’s path to teaching is a straight line.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Dedication to working with and an understanding of the developmental needs of middle school-aged students
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive community and promoting a growth mindset
- Capacity to communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Collaboration as a team member
Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Statement, and/or Teaching Philosophy and Reference List. Please include your connection to BB&N’s mission and values in your cover letter.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.