Middle School French Teacher
The Meadowbrook School of Weston, Weston, MA
The Meadowbrook School of Weston, a pre-kindergarten through 8th grade school located seven miles west of Boston, seeks a middle school French educator to join our faculty in the 2024-2025 school year. Meadowbrook is a mission-driven school and we invite candidates to familiarize themselves with our mission before applying for the position.
At Meadowbrook, smart, passionate people join together in an expansive learning environment with rigorous academics and innovative curricula to inspire, challenge, and empower students to achieve at the highest level, connect deeply with a diverse community, and courageously create change. We seek a candidate who believes the middle school years are essential and who wholeheartedly desires to teach, advise, and learn from middle school students.
This opportunity requires fluency in French and experience with and understanding of the diversity of Francophone cultures beyond metropolitan France. This member of the middle school faculty will teach sixth, seventh, and eighth grade French classes with an intensive, communicative focus. Candidates should have previous teaching experience with middle school students. Candidates with additional proficiency in Spanish are encouraged to apply.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ educators, or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools. We are committed to an inclusive school experience for all those who come to work at Meadowbrook.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; a master’s degree is preferred
- Experience designing effective, integrated language curricula
- High cultural competence and ability to create an inclusive classroom
- Adept at SEL methods to help students thrive; previous experience with Responsive Classroom and/or RULER highly preferred
- Positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
- Familiarity with classroom uses of technology is a plus
Annual salary for faculty is determined according to a step scale commensurate with experience. Meadowbrook offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance plans, a school-matched retirement plan and paid time off. Employees must be authorized to work in the United States.