Middle School Director of Equity and Inclusion
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy seeks a Middle School Director of Equity and Inclusion to begin July 1, 2022.
The Middle School Director of Equity and Inclusion is a member of the Middle School’s leadership team, and reports to the Middle School Principal and the Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer.
The Director of Equity and Inclusion leads the Middle School’s justice, equity, and inclusion efforts. They develop, implement, and manage division-wide programs and policies with the goal of dismantling institutional, interpersonal, and internalized marginalization. They facilitate structural support for students, parents, and Middle School employees, and provide an equity lens and anti-oppression vision to every aspect of student life.
- Provide strategic DEIJ leadership, based upon the Middle School’s immediate and long-term plans.
- Lead the Middle School Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Implementation Team.
- Develop and teach Common Ground curriculum, focusing on cultural competency, identity formation, and social justice, to students in Grades 6-8.
- Oversee the DEIJ budget for the Middle School.
- Work with a team to develop orientation programs for new students of color, white students, and families.
- Work with a team to bring workshops, programs, and speakers to the Middle School throughout the academic year.
- Support student affinity groups and culture clubs, and affinity programming for employees and parents.
- Work with faculty and staff to name DEIJ goals and track outcomes. Serve as a resource in their development of equitable policies, curricula, and pedagogy.
- Work with the Middle School Principal to develop equitable hiring practices in the Middle School.
- Support Grade-Level Deans in their development of DEIJ programming and practices.
- Coordinate with DEIJ leaders in the Lower School and Upper School.
The Middle School Director of Equity and Inclusion should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Experience as a teacher and DEIJ practitioner at the middle school level
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, including public presenting
- A commitment to cultivating an anti-oppression mindset within themselves and others
- Eagerness to give and receive feedback
For more information about Milton Academy, please visit our website at www.milton.edu.
Please apply for the position through the Careers webpage at https://www.milton.edu/about/careers-at-milton/.
With your application, please include:
- A resumé
- A letter, which includes a personal statement on equity, inclusion and justice