Middle School Administrative Assistant
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Start Date: April 2023
Department: Middle School
BB&N seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant for the Middle School. The position is central to the effective operation of BB&N’s Middle School program. This person serves as a central source of information for students, parents, faculty, and visitors, and helps to ensure the smooth operation of the day-to-day activities of the Middle School Campus. The MSAA will help guide the efficient operation of the Middle School by meeting the administrative needs of middle school programs and providing direct administrative assistance to the Middle School Director.
This position is a 12-month position with work hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Occasional meetings and events require the Middle School Administrative Assistant to be available before or after these hours. We seek a dedicated, resourceful, flexible, and efficient individual able to manage and navigate administrative responsibilities within a fast-paced, dynamic community of teachers, students, and their families.
Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should have 2+ years of administrative experience with strong communication skills and experience handling confidential matters. A Bachelor’s and experience in an educational environment are preferred.
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate:
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively, exercise judgment and creativity, and willingness to work with others as a team
- Strong commitment to working in and fostering an equitable and inclusive community
- Excellent problem-resolution skills and a willingness to find new solutions
- Capacity and skill to manage multiple projects within deadlines
- Strong writing skills with proficiency in proofreading and grammar
- Advanced communication skills across all platforms
- Computer literacy with strong skills in G Suite, Microsoft Office, and other database software (preferably Veracross, Canvas); facility in learning new software
- Expertise in multi-tasking and experience as a self-starter
- Skill in handling sensitive and privileged information with discretion and tact
- Strong organization skills, digital and otherwise
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including an occasional evening, weekend, or early morning
Salary Range: $65,000.00-$75,000.00
Salary is determined by skills and experience. Compensation for full time employees includes a 403(b) plan with up to a 10% match of salary and other competitive benefits offerings. Benefits offered to eligible employees include health & dental insurance; commuter benefits; long-term disability insurance, and more.
Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, and Reference List.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.