Tilton School, Tilton, NH
Mathematics Faculty Position
(part-time, exempt, maternity leave)
Tilton School seeks an experienced and energetic Mathematics teacher with a passion for developing student skills and committed to the curricular framework of Understanding by Design, and therefore the “end in mind” of all teaching at Tilton School. The position includes teaching three sections that could include Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, and some upper level Math courses, under the supervision of the Math Department Chair.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- Outstanding skills in oral and written communication;
- Ability to prepare course outline for each teaching assignment and use Google Classroom as a primary tool for communicating course work with students;
- Ability to promptly assess, evaluate, and provide feedback on student work according to the Standards Based Assessment and Reporting (SBAR) guidelines;
- Expertise in the integration of technology into classroom instruction;
- Familiarity with Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Understanding by Design (UbD);
- An eagerness to work in an intense, changing and supportive learning community.
- Other duties for this position include: advisee coverage during maternity leave.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
At Tilton school, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard for race, religion, natural origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by state or federal law. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by state or federal law in the administration of employment practices or procedures. Promotion, or application of employee policies and benefits.
For more information about Tilton School, please visit our website.