Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, NH
The mathematics department seeks passionate and energetic candidates should be interested in being part of a collaborative group of math teachers and in working with highly motivated high school students in a diverse, mostly residential community.
Applicants should be able to teach pre-college mathematics, ideally, through BC-level Advanced Placement Calculus. Top consideration will be given to candidates who have an advanced degree in Mathematics or Education or related subjects. Experience and enthusiasm for working with adolescents both inside and outside of the classroom is essential. Spending time with students by: giving extra help or advising is an integral part of the job.
In addition to a CV, applicants should submit a cover letter and/or teaching statement indicating a specific interest in teaching at a residential high school that is actively committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate…
- Experience teaching in a classroom setting for a minimum of 2 years.
- Willingness to enforce all school policies and rules governing student behavior.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
While individual responsibilities will vary from one faculty position to another, the major job duties of all faculty members generally include the following:
- Teaching: Faculty teach four classes per trimester. All classes are student-centered discussions around a Harkness table. In order to meet the intellectual needs of the school’s talented and highly motivated students, teachers are expected to be dedicated to daily preparation for the best possible classes.
- Cultural Competency: Faculty are expected to demonstrate respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Proof of authority to work in the Unites States, full time.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Clean Driving record.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical/health screening examination that may include a drug screening.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, physical or mental disabilities. or any other classification protected by state or federal law.