Math Teacher (possible opening)
Ursuline Academy, Dedham, MA
A Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young women in grades 7-12 located in Dedham, MA, Ursuline Academy seeks exceptional candidates for a full-time math teacher to begin in August 2024. Ursuline seeks to hire and retain employees who are skilled in their field, involved participants in the school community, and enthusiastically dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school. Flexibility, optimism, a collaborative and professional spirit, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to Catholic education are essential.
- Demonstrate an understanding of teaching highly capable adolescent girls
- Can teach all levels of math from pre-algebra to calculus
- Utilize technology effectively and be willing to embrace innovation
- Employ a variety of instructional strategies in the classroom
- Respectfully partner and communicate with parents and appropriate school personnel to foster and share student growth
- Give evidence of strong content knowledge in mathematics
- Be approachable and connect well with students.
All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to bringing diversity, equity, and inclusion into the classroom.
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and the pedagogy it requires to engage students in learning experiences that enable them to acquire complex knowledge and skills in math and other subjects.
- Providing descriptive feedback that engages students and families in constructive conversation on how students can improve their performance.
- Reflecting on the effectiveness of lessons, units, and interactions with students, both individually and with colleagues, and using insights gained to improve student learning.
- Collaborating with colleagues to examine student data, plan curriculum, and ensure appropriate learning experiences for all students.
- Collaborating with school and college counselors and referring students who need social and emotional support
- Supervising a group of 8-10 advisees each day
- Enthusiastically supporting student life through chaperoning various activities or events
- Experience teaching and working with students in grades 7-12
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, including a sense of humor
- Citizenship, residency, or work visa required
Please submit a resume, statement of interest, educational philosophy, and the names of three references to Regina MacLeod at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are applying for the possible math position in the subject line of the email.