Waring School, Beverly, MA
Job Title: Math Teacher 2023-24 School Year (part-time, beginning August 2023)
Mission: Waring School is a co-educational, college preparatory day school of 165 students, grades 6-12 in Beverly, MA. Waring’s mission is “To create and sustain a community of lifelong learners who are working together for the individual and common good.”
Start Date: Mid August 2023
Summary: Waring School seeks an enthusiastic and collaborative teacher of mathematics who is looking to thrive in a small learning community. The position will include teaching two sections of high school mathematics. We are looking especially for candidates with experience teaching Algebra, Algebra 2, Precalculus, Data Science or Statistics. Candidates with background and interest in teaching science, engineering, or other STEM disciplines are encouraged to apply.
The optimal candidate is a life-long learner wishing to share their interests and selves with our community. Our classes encourage collaboration and discussion. We seek to develop not only math skills, but also persistence and flexibility in problem solving. There are opportunities for this role to include duties in other areas such as Debate Team, Athletics, Advising (through Tutorial program), Math Team, Experiential Learning (through Endterm and Camping Trip programs), Robotics, Theater, and more.
Key Responsibilities include: Teaching Mathematics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math or other STEM field, or Education degree with Math specialty
- At least two years of teaching experience is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate adolescent learners, to work well with colleagues, and to interact positively and effectively with parents
- Willingness to innovate within the mathematics curriculum
- Familiarity with Google suite, including Google classroom, preferred
- Attends co-curricular aspects of our school program, such as Faculty Meetings, All-School Meetings, and annual Program Night, as agreed upon based on FTE work percentage.
- Percent employment to be determined by mutual agreement
- Participates in Experiential Learning aspects of our program, including Camping Trip and Endterm, as agreed upon based on FTE work percentage
- Reports to the Head of School or designee
Application Process: Interested candidates should email a résumé and letter of interest explaining their background to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2023
About Waring School
Waring School is a co-educational, academic college preparatory school serving students in Grades 6-12 in Beverly, MA, on Boston’s North Shore. Founded in 1972, Waring offers challenging academics, extensive studio and performing arts, championship athletics and robotics, and a rich curriculum of French immersion and cultural exchange programs. Student travel is part of the program at all levels, including two trips to Europe in Grades 9 and 11. Waring uses multi-age groupings and offers numerous opportunities for student leadership. Waring’s graduates attend excellent colleges and universities, in the U.S. and abroad. Located on a former farm of 32 acres in a beautiful backwoods area of Beverly, Waring is convenient to all coastal towns and 30 minutes by commuter rail to Boston.
At Waring, we are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community that affirms individual voices and promotes anti-racist education. Waring encourages candidates of color and of underrepresented groups to apply for our positions as well as teachers/staff from public schools. Waring School actively seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty and student body, and does not discriminate in employment practice with regards to gender, race, color, disability status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, or national and ethnic origin. Waring offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits; in 2022-2023, the median full-time teaching salary was $61,200.00