Charles River School, Dover, MA
Charles River School is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school in Dover, MA, which is just 16 miles west of Boston. CRS nurtures each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking an experienced Math Specialist who is able to support and extend student learning through direct instruction with students and through collaboration with other faculty members. This position will involve a mixture of working with students 1:1 or in small groups, within or outside of the classroom, across PK-8. Additionally, the Math Specialist will collaborate with classroom teachers in both a consulting and a co-teaching capacity to implement our math curriculum. This is a fulltime position.
- Provide 1:1 and small group support for students with learning challenges that impact math learning
- Use current teaching strategies, manipulatives, and technological tools to bolster student learning in a hands-on, exploratory manner
- “Push in” to classrooms to co-teach math lessons alongside classroom teachers
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers and learning specialists to identify student needs and instructional strategies that can address these needs
- Work jointly with Math Curriculum Coordinator to ensure consistent implementation of mathematics curriculum across all grade levels
- Interpret neuropsychological reports and determine instructional implications of findings for individual support and classroom instruction
- Communicate effectively with parents and guardians about student needs and progress
- Demonstrated commitment to community, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- Experience working with elementary and middle school students
- Current knowledge of math curricula and both physical and technological supports for math learning
- Demonstrated understanding of specific learning challenges that can impact student learning of math, knowledge of how to address these challenges to support achievement, and ability to communicate these challenges and strategies to teachers and parents
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who will contribute and are committed to a diverse school community and inclusive educational practices. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (please use “math specialist” as the subject line) and fill out the CRS Employment Application by clicking this link: https://forms.gle/KuQLJ6nF8ctLecLG7.