Math and Engineering Teacher
Brimmer and May School, Chestnut Hill, MA
The Brimmer and May School, an all-gender day school in Chestnut Hill, MA is seeking a full time Upper School Math and Engineering teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. The position includes teaching three sections of Math in the Middle and Upper School, two electives each semester in the School’s Makerspace or Innovation Center and serving as an Upper School advisor. The ideal candidate will have a BA and a Masters in Math or Engineering, 3+ years of experience, and a passion for working with Middle and Upper School students in and outside of the classroom. Experience teaching engineering or design courses and working in a makerspace is preferred. We seek an individual with a growth mindset who is proficient incorporating emerging technologies into their instruction, seeks to grow through professional development, has a willingness to support the mission of the school, and provides student-centered learning opportunities.
- Plan and teach three sections of Math in the Middle and Upper Schools and two electives each semester in engineering, design, or fabrication in the Upper School
- Work collaboratively with the Math team and the Innovation and Design team within the School
- Serve as an advisor to 6-8 students in the Upper School
- Supervise two study halls a week as well as break and lunch once a week
- Help foster a positive working and educational environment for students and colleagues and support the school’s mission and Core Values
- Work with students outside of classroom time as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Punctuality and dependability
- Adherence to all personal policies, procedures, and rules contained in the Brimmer and May Faculty and Staff Handbooks
This position reports to the Math Department Chair, Director of Innovation and Design, and the Head of Upper School.