Master Electrician/Production Assistant
Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Natick, MA
Walnut Hill School for the Arts seeks a Master Electrician/Production Assistant for the current academic year. This individual is an integral member of the technical team and works with the Technical Director and the Director of Production & Events to execute the lighting elements of productions and events throughout the school year, as well as assist in other areas when needed and assigned.
This position works directly with students to train, supervise, and support them in all aspects of lighting. The Master Electrician/Production Assistant works closely with the technical team, faculty, staff, and students to help manage a busy production schedule with performances from the theater, dance, music departments, as well as events throughout the other arts and academic departments, and community programs. This is a full-time (10-month) position reporting to the Director of Production & Events.
All Walnut Hill faculty/staff are active, engaged members of the school community who are committed to collaborating and growing in their field.
- Serve as Master Electrician;
- Assist with planning and executing all lighting elements for load-in, show run, and strike of events and productions;
- Oversee the organization, cleanliness, and maintenance of inventory; maintain and repair instruments as necessary;
- Create and maintain accurate paperwork and drawings;
- Manage/train student crew for all performing arts productions;
- Assist in the supervision of overhire staff;
- Assist in other areas of production as necessary;
- Work collaboratively with various departments in a wide range of performances and provide support and expertise as needed;
- Collaborate with other technical staff on ensuring smooth operations and a safe and workable environment for staff and performers; and
- Perform additional duties assigned.
Collaboration, Professional Development, and Training
- Complete required paperwork, forms, surveys, employment documents, background checks, fingerprinting, online training programs, request and report absences, accidents, and injuries, and follow other school policy and legal requirements by established deadlines;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across all departments to foster a positive working and educational environment for students and employees to support the school’s mission, vision, and core values;
- Participate in communal programming, all-school events, art events, and support student performances, art openings, exhibitions, and other campus-wide activities if appropriate and instructed by supervisor; model and encourage appropriate behavior and monitor students during events and programming;
- Attend and participate in required faculty and staff meetings and department meetings; participate in Departmental Reviews; participate and engage fully in individual reviews and evaluations; be open to feedback and work with supervisor to set goals and expectations for the future;
- Attend and participate in all Professional Development (PD) days, training programs, orientation programs, benefit meetings, mandatory seminars, team-building exercises, and safety training/drills; and
- Display willingness and ability to grow, learn, explore new approaches, and practice self-reflection.