Marketing & Communications Assistant
Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Natick, MA
Walnut Hill School for the Arts is seeking a part-time Marketing & Communications Assistant to support our Creative Department with some design, production, and website help in order to share the story of the school with our community and beyond. This is a part-time non-exempt position working approximately 20 hours per week. This can potentially be an all-remote position.
- Draft email communications using MailChimp;
- Assist in maintaining website content;
- Take photos around campus and during events as needed;
- Design in-house print and digital graphics;
- Assist in keeping lists updated and current in MailChimp; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Facility with updating websites using a Content Management System (CMS);
- Knowledge of Mailchimp or similar email marketing software;
- Design skills ideal with a programs like Canva or similar;
- Strong computer skills and proficient with Google applications;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of individuals including students, faculty, staff, vendors, and community members;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with acute attention to detail;
- Eye for simple, impactful design, and photography;
- Strong collaboration skills, great attitude and work ethic;
- COVID-19 vaccination with booster, or valid exemption required; and
- Ability to take feedback with grace and a growth mindset.
Physical demands include dexterity for office machine and supply operation including but not limited to writing, using electronic devices, computer, phone, calculator, copy/fax machine, and printers. Stooping, bending, traveling to/from locations on campus, ascending/descending stairs, reaching and sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common.