Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Wellan Montessori School, Newton, MA
Wellan Montessori School is accepting applications for a full time Marketing and Communications Coordinator to begin in August 2021. This position reports directly to the Head of School and is part of the school’s administrative team. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating external and internal marketing and communication initiatives, including inbound and outbound marketing, online presence management, print and electronic publications, public relations, and advertising, as well as managing department projects, budgets, and vendor relationships. Additionally, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator works closely with all members of the school community in order to help ensure that all communications consistently reflect the school’s mission, core values, and brand reputation.
The successful candidate will possess strong written communication skills with a keen attention to detail, and will demonstrate proficiency in writing/editing for a wide range of purposes, including magazines, newsletters, websites, press releases, social media, admissions campaigns, and advertising copy. This individual will be a confident and efficient project manager, and must be able to work collaboratively to complete tasks in line with established deadlines. The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to supporting Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the school’s flow of logistical communications (e.g., weekly e-newsletter and evites/RSVPs) and storytelling communications (social media, website, annual report).
- Manage the process of producing publications, including coordination of editorial needs, ensuring efficient review and approval of work, submission to vendors, and proper distribution (if applicable).
- Manage the production of school materials, including coordination with outside vendors (web hosts, photographers, printers, mail services), quality control, expense control, and compliance with brand and industry standards.
- Write content for web, social media, formal publications, and press releases with depth of content informed by the school’s strategic priorities.
- Oversee content on the school’s website, including SEO.
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions to coordinate annual advertising strategy and secure ad placements for the upcoming admissions year.
- Manage annual marketing and communications budgets.
- Serve as editor and advisor of the Wellan Literary Magazine, produced by the 7th grade class.
- Other administrative duties/projects as assigned.
- This position has the potential to supervise the Marketing and Communications Associate (part time).
- Full year (12-months), 40 hours per week, with attendance at staff meetings and occasional night and weekend events outside of regular hours required.
- Regular Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or a related field required.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience required, preferably in an educational setting.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience working with diverse populations required.
- Proficiency with GSuite required, experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- Graphic design, SEO, database management, and budget management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the Montessori philosophy preferred.
- Resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references with contact information are required in order to be considered for this position.
Apply online at: https://wellanmontessori.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Wellan Montessori School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under federal or Massachusetts law. The School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. The School’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.