Manager of Enrollment Information Systems
Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, NH
The Manager of Enrollment Information Systems is a leadership role within Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. The Manager is responsible for building, optimizing, and maintaining the Admissions and Financial aid system (Slate). The Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining complex data analytics designed to support and measure the office efforts with regard to recruitment, engagement, selection and enrollment. The Manager will be responsible for managing projects and integrating all systems used by the department and working with the Dean of Enrollment and the Manager of Admissions Operation on rolling out new processes and procedures. The Manager will provide training to use these systems, document processes, and create materials and records.
The Manager will also provide technical guidance, support, expertise for the extraction/analysis of data within the systems both internally and with other departments. In addition, this position will represent both the Admissions and Financial Aid department in cross-departmental projects and committees.
- Manage all features, processes, integrations, portals and functions associated with Slate. Builds, updates, and executes new processes and enhancements.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Admission Operations to oversee the application process and data reporting for all prospects, non-persisters, admitted and enrolled students for Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Provide data analysis to Dean of Enrollment on strategic admission initiatives and application trends.
- Provide project management of new implementations and upgrades and assessments of technology or data gaps within all enrollment systems.
- Maintains the integrity of admissions and financial aid databases, ensuring accuracy of the data, developing error reports, and fixing data errors and inconsistencies.
- Drives the admissions annual planning process including assistance in the preparation of and oversight of all related support activities and designs.
- Establishes metrics and tracking reports that support analysis and decision-making as well as measurement of department goals.
- Develop and troubleshoot HTML content to support portals used by users.
- Provides leadership and training to ensure all team members (both internal and external) provide a customer friendly experience with all aspects of the application and financial aid process.
- Ensures data efficiency, integrity, and adherence to policies and protection established by governing audiences.
- Collaborates with IT in system integrations moving data between systems.
- Partners with IT to set the technology direction to align with the department and Academy goals.
- Collaborates with IT to evaluate third party vendors, establish system performance standards, set up contracts and monitor vendor performance as required.
- Collaborates on strategy and decision-making with departments across campus on data and systems issues that have impact within and outside of the Admissions department.
- Provide technology project support for admissions systems initiatives including business requirements, RFP development, subject matter expertise, testing, and implementation support.
- Represent Admissions and Financial Aid on the IT Strategic Planning Committee, Data Governance Committee and others as established.
Degree of Independent Action Performed
Incumbent is expected to work with a high level of independence and autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and judgment in decisions impacting staff and department operations.
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate attention.
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, Dean of Students office, PEA administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff. External contacts may include parents, outside organizations, visitors and local community neighbors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- 5+ years of prior operations and project management experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Slate building, maintaining and troubleshooting configurations.
- 3+ years of experience in developing and maintaining complex data reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database concepts and query development.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML.
- 3+ years in a business analysis role.
- Business analysis experience in an educational setting preferred.
- Experience in software integration/development.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong comfort level with data driven decision-making.
- Proven strong presentation skills and presence.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strategic high-level thinking coupled with the attention to detail necessary for successful planning and execution.
- Knowledge of personnel management, supervision and staff training.
- Proficient in MS Office, APIs, and data integration.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required. Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to use a visual display terminal with continuous wrist movement on a keyboard.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 10lbs without assistance.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).
- COVID Vaccine Policy:
- Phillips Exeter Academy requires all community members without a medical or religious exemption to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters.