Manager of Advancement Services Database
Middlesex School, Concord, MA
Support the Alumni and Development office through the supervision of the Gift Entry Coordinator, Salesforce database management, report writing, and oversight & coordination of gift processing and data entry.
- Interviews, hires and trains assigned departmental staff.
- Organizes and oversees the daily workflow, job assignments, schedules, and work of assigned departmental staff.
- Prepares and conducts training for new hires and current staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline of supervised employees up to and including termination in accordance with policy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Database Management
- Create, maintain & update data entry policies & procedures documentation.
- Oversee compliance with CASE/NAIS policies.
- Oversee and participate in ongoing development of new processes and policies that efficiently enhance data integrity and process efficiency.
- Oversee the customization of the Development systems and platforms including creation of custom fields and objects, modification of platforms, etc.
- Maintain system user accounts and permissions.
- Perform global data manipulation in Salesforce as needed using a variety of system tools.
- Perform back-end maintenance and troubleshoot in conjunction with Salesforce support and MX IT Dept.
- Research, implement and manage software updates, apps, or subscriptions.
- Serve as a Development Office liaison to the School’s IT Dept. regarding software and hardware needs.
- Oversee and participate in training of new users as needed.
- Stay current on secondary educational institution technology tools, data management, and integrity procedures and methods, and present information to staff when changes can be made to improve our systems. Attend conferences and training opportunities to remain current on latest trends and developments in Educational Advancement Services.
• Report Writing (Salesforce)
- Serve as the primary report writer for the Development Office staff using Salesforce
- Development Office staff using Salesforce.
- Work with staff to clarify report requests and formatting needs.
- Train and assist staff in generating their own simple reports.
- Create and Manage Salesforce Dashboards for all system users.
- Prospect Research
- Research donors and prospects as needed by the Development Team.
• Gift Entry
- Oversee and manage the gift entry processes collaborating with the Gift Entry Coordinator, who will serve as the primary gift entry person.
- Serve as back up to enter pledges and gifts, including credit card transactions, gifts of stock, matching gifts, gifts in kind, etc.
- Manage gifts of stock including liaising with broker.
- Enter bequests and expectancy transactions as needed.
- Serve as back up to generate, distribute and track gift logs, gift memos, acknowledgement check list & acknowledgements, receipts and pledge reminders.
- Perform regular and on-going financial reconciliation with the Business Office.
- Evaluate current gift processing procedures and use of database gift reporting capabilities and make recommendations for improved processes.
- Maintain and update gift processing procedures and documentation.
• System Administration
- Serve as the primary System Administrator for the Salesforce platform and other Development tech systems and tools.
- Create and manage custom fields and objects, and automations.
- Manage Salesforce Release Updates & train office on new tools available.
- Oversee management of system integrations, including Pardot, Linvio, Apsona, etc.
- Manage regular data and system backup solution.
- Manage vendor relationship with all assigned systems.
• School Life
- Participate in and support School events on and off campus as requested.
- Positively promote the School and development office externally and internally.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree – or – combined work experience to meet similar knowledge.
- Salesforce certification prefered.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Experience with project planning.
- Experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
- Proficient with basic accounting principles and donation tax rules.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent adaptability skills – flexible in handling change, adjust to new situations with fresh ideas or innovative approaches, juggles multiple demands or tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in teams.
- In office environment. 90%
- In various buildings and spaces throughout campus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer with a telephone.
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds unassisted.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to traverse various areas of the facility (including unpaved areas, dirt paths, uneven terrain, etc.) to set up for various events.
- Ability to use a visual display terminal with continuous wrist movement on a keyboard.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a keyboard, sorting, etc.
- Sufficient ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English to complete work efficiently, effectively, courteously, and to coordinate with other leaders within the department and across the organization.
- Occasionally attend meetings and events off campus to help facilitate the successful execution of an event or to attend conferences and professional development.
Additional eligibility requirements
- Able to successfully complete CHRI, CORI, and SORI checks.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.