Major Gifts Officer Office for Institutional Advancement
St. John’s Prep, Danvers, MA
St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll approximately 1,500 students from more than 90 communities.
The Major Gifts Officer will manage a portfolio of alumni and parent leadership gift prospects ($25,000). This position reports directly to the Chief Advancement Officer. The ideal candidate should possess the skills to work in a fast-paced office environment, have experience with Raiser’s Edge, and have the desire to increase philanthropic support to St. John’s Prep. Collaboration within the office and working to strengthen relationships across campus is an important part of the role. Travel and occasional weekend/evening hours may be required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of 100+ new and repeat donors.
- Visit regularly on and off campus with parents and alumni to solicit gifts for St. John’s.
- Identify new donors and develop relationships with existing donors.
- Document all communication with prospects and donors.
- Drafts and edits letters and proposals to donors.
- Collaborate with other members of the Office for Institutional Advancement to strategize the best way to solicit donors.
- Develop and nurture relationships with faculty and staff across campus.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Initiative to work independently and comfort with visits on and off campus.
- Desire to work with a variety of people including staff and faculty school-wide.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Experience soliciting and closing gifts.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience of identifying and soliciting donors.
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
St. John’s Prep is committed to building a diverse and inclusive campus community. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups. We seek applicants who demonstrate a commitment to multiculturalism and diversity that is manifested in classroom practice, student engagement, interpersonal communication, and curricular decisions. For more information about our academic, spiritual and student life programs, please visit www.stjohnsprep.org.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and résumé to Tracii Schaeublin, Assistant Head of School for Human Resources at email@example.com.