Major Gifts Officer
Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Major Gifts Officer. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
– securing major gifts of $25,000+ and helping donors align their philanthropic interest with the priorities of Dana Hall
– managing a portfolio of donors and prospects with an emphasis on individual donor relationships, solicitation activities, and stewardship
– qualifying alumnae, parents (current and past), grandparents and friends as prospective donors
– creating and executing a customized cultivation plan for each person in the portfolio based on the qualifying information, relationship building, and historical giving patterns
– developing and managing a comprehensive plan to meet a stretch giving goal both in overall dollars raised and participation by the class for assigned alumnae classes which are raising restricted gifts
– acquiring timely and relevant institutional information to create and execute solicitation strategies and proposals for each prospect, as appropriate
– tracking activity within Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT and generating reports to track the progress of each prospect’s cultivation/solicitation/stewardship plan
– attending key Dana Hall events to interact with donors and prospects, including travel and evenings and weekends as necessary
– collaborating with all members of the Advancement Office
Candidates must have: a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred; over 5 years of fundraising and donor management work experience; technical knowledge of data management systems and processes; experience with relevant Blackbaud solutions preferred, such as Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT and Online Express; knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
Successful candidates will possess: excellent problem-solving, technology, and customer service skills; superior time-management skills with an ability to manage many tasks and projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines and maintaining quality work products; excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and an ability to create effective action plans to meet goals; strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and interpret business and financial data; effective communication skills, both orally and in writing to maintain open communication channels with relevant stakeholders; an ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with utmost discretion and explain Dana Hall’s planned giving program and vehicles for giving.
This is a twelve-month, full-time position reporting to the Director of Major and Planned Gifts.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.