Major Gift Officer
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Reports to: Senior Development Officer
BB&N is seeking a full-time Major Gift Officer. The Major Gift Officer will help develop a comprehensive plan to cultivate and solicit members of the BB&N community with the ability to make $100,000+ in gifts, primarily in support of the school’s comprehensive campaign: Bright Bold Next. This role will include actively managing a portfolio of 75-100 prospects and participating in campaign strategy discussions. This position will also be a part of the Campaign Leadership Team.
Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate will have five years of annual giving experience, preferably at an independent school or in higher education, and possess excellent managerial, administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Strong computer skills and database experience are required. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and simultaneously manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to handle confidential information with sound judgment and discretion.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with planned giving strategies and vehicles
- Collaborative and inclusive decision-making style
- Enjoys and appreciates building relationships with all members of the BB&N community, both externally and internally
- Enthusiasm to become part of our vibrant, diverse, and inclusive school community
- Knowledge of Veracross is helpful but not required, marketing experience is helpful but not required.
Salary: $90,000.00 – $105,000.00
Compensation for full-time employees includes a 403(b) plan with up to a 10% match of salary and other competitive benefits offerings. Benefits offered to eligible employees include health & dental insurance; commuter benefits; long-term disability insurance, and more.
Please visit the Careers at BB&N page to complete your online application. Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Statement, and/or Teaching Philosophy and Reference List.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.
About Buckingham Browne & Nichols:
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Buckingham Browne & Nichols is a day school that engages students in grades Pre-K through 12 in a rich and invigorating educational experience of the highest quality. The school excels at helping students discover their unique talents and passions and develop those strengths to the fullest. The curriculum is challenging, forward-thinking, innovative, and flexible, designed to help qualified students, from a range of backgrounds and with a wide spectrum of talents and interests, reach new levels of accomplishment. Co-curricular opportunities in athletics, the arts, community service, and other areas add important dimensions to students’ learning. Students learn on three age and developmentally-appropriate campuses. At every grade, BB&N takes full advantage of the range of opportunities its locations afford.
BB&N is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution. This commitment is integral to the mission and vision of the School. BB&N is an academically excellent, diverse, and inclusive community where students develop into lifelong learners who lead with kindness, curiosity, and integrity. We prepare students to be responsible and open-minded as they engage with the world around them. Our school is guided by the core values of:
- Inquiry, in which we promote curiosity and critical thinking to inspire a lifelong love of learning. Integrity, in which we strive to be honest, conscientious, and accountable in our actions even when no one is watching.
- Belonging, in which we foster a culture of respect, well-being, and connection that values all individuals and empowers them to discover and be their authentic selves, and
- Kindness, in which we strengthen our communities by recognizing our common humanity and treating ourselves and others with respect and compassion.
The vibrancy and vitality we feel in the classrooms, hallways, stages, and playing fields of BB&N derive from the people who are here. At its root are the varied interests and experiences, the different backgrounds, cultures, religions, views, and perspectives that our students and faculty bring to their classes and families bring to myriad activities. Each of us adds to the richness of another’s experience. Working and playing together teaches us lifelong lessons about appreciating, knowing and understanding, and learning from each other.