Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Mission: Nashoba Brooks School educates children for a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world. The School nurtures students’ growth and character, while fostering the development of each child’s personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks candidates for the position of part-time maintenance technician to join the buildings and grounds department to work weekends (approximately 10-20 hours). The part-time maintenance technician position reports directly to the facilities manager.
- Support the mission and philosophy of the School and its leadership.
- Support events and rentals on weekends, including the opening and closing of the school and managing the alarm system when applicable.
- Work with rental and event groups, including set-up and breakdown as well as any additional needs of the groups.
- Adhere to all maintenance and cleaning protocols.
- Communicate special requests with the School’s cleaning company and monitor the cleaning of spaces used for the event/rental.
- Direct parking and assist with traffic control as needed.
- Perform duties as assigned by the rentals and project manager or facilities manager.
- Optimistic outlook and demonstrated skill in creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the willingness to contribute to the Nashoba Brooks School community.
- A proven track record of responsible and efficient project management with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
- Engages with employees in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Receptive to constructive feedback.
- Commitment to continuous growth and improvement.
- High school degree or equivalent. Additional trade school or continuing education preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in maintenance work.
- Basic level computer skills.
- Extensive/sustained standing and walking (up and down stairs) during work hours.
- Lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor conditions. Occasionally required to work outdoors in very cold temperatures.
As an employee of Nashoba Brooks School, the part-time maintenance technician will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity, and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s mission, core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a resume and references to:
Danielle Heard, Head of School