Mailroom and Central Services Clerk
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
About Our School
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located just outside of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create an environment that confronts bias, injustice, and bigotry, we encourage each other to be open to learning, explore our histories and identities, and seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens. At Milton, we prepare students to partner with their future communities to create a more just world, and to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
The Mailroom and Central Services Clerk is a full-time position that provides mail service to the Academy Community and assists with other campus support activities related to the Facilities Services department. The individual in this position must work collaboratively with the Facilities Services team and have a customer service orientation to working with students, faculty, and staff.
Qualified candidates will have an associate’s degree (or its equivalent) with previous experience working in a customer service role. A valid driver’s license is required. They must have the ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with internal and external constituencies, as well as being receptive to supervision and professional development. In addition, the ideal candidate will be physically able to move around the Milton Academy campus without restriction. The successful candidate is able to work to resolve problems in a fast-paced work environment. They must also be able to lift and move mail bins and packages of up to 50 pounds. Driving to and from the local post office to transport and deliver mail/packages across the school’s campus is required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Incoming and Outgoing Mail and Packages
- Pick up from and delivery mail to the East Milton Post Office.
- Sort incoming mail and log packages in the Notifi System.
- Distribute packages and interoffice mail to designated locations on the Milton Academy campus.
- Forward mail as requested by faculty who live in Milton housing but are away for the summer or other significant periods of time.
- Meter outgoing mail in the most efficient manner depending on requirements of the sender (including all rates and classes).
- Assist the school community with all shipping coordination and issues.
- Keep up to date with changes in postal regulations.
- Recommend changes, as necessary, to Milton’s procedures in collaboration with the Purchasing and Mailroom Manager.
- Operate necessary equipment to complete job responsibilities.
- May be required to work one to two days during the December break to pick up and deliver mail to certain locations.
- Serves as back-up to the Purchasing and Mail Room Manager, Facilities Services Operations and Finance Coordinator.
- Answers phone lines and other duties, as assigned.
All interested internal candidates must complete an application for promotion or transfer and forward to your supervisor, as soon as possible.
An equal opportunity employer, Milton embraces diversity and the pursuit of excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.