Lower School World Language Teacher
The Bement School, Deerfield, MA
The Bement School, a kindergarten through grade nine coeducational day and boarding school in historic Deerfield, Massachusetts, seeks a part time (12 hr/week) lower school world language (Spanish or Chinese) teacher to join a vibrant learning community with students from all over the United States and the world. Our students enjoy an engaging, hands-on, multidisciplinary approach to learning that prepares students to be compassionate, respectful, and resilient global citizens.
The Bement School intentionally fosters community members of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, nationalities, and perspectives to actively share and grow together in an holistic learning environment. Candidates should be:
- fluent and/or native Spanish or Chinese speaker
- able to share a passion for Spanish or Chinese language and culture around the world
- motivated, dedicated educators eager to collaborate across grade levels, divisions, and subjects
- knowledgeable about child development and learning differences
- flexible with a sense of humor and joy in working with children
- experienced in project-based learning and prudent integration of technology
- committed to individual and professional growth and to working on a team
- ready to cultivate relationships with students, parents, colleagues, and a wider community
- familiar with, and motivated by, being part of an independent boarding school community
The Bement School offers a competitive salary. Compensation will commensurate with experience. Additional hours of substitute teaching may be a possibility.
A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree and teaching experience are preferred. Bement is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who represent diversity for the school are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to:
Lower School Head