Lower School Technology Integrator
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy seeks a part-time (20 hours per week) Technology Integrator to support the Lower School (LS). This position reports directly to the Lower School Principal and the Lower School Dean of Teaching and Learning.
- Partner with Academic Technology Department (ATS) to set up student and employee devices at the start of the year
- Teach weekly technology classes to grades 1-5
- Partner with ATS to distribute, track, and collect student devices
- Provide front line tech support to students
- Perform faculty, staff, and students training
- Setup and maintain the LS technology Lab/Makerspace
- Work with LS Principal to communicate student device expectations to students, teachers, and families
- Design and lead, in partnership with Lower School Leadership, parent education related to student digital citizenship
- Partner with classroom teachers to evaluate educational applications and web filtered websites
The ideal candidate understands the developmental needs of elementary-aged students and has experience helping students use computers and tablet devices. Strong candidates will be familiar with using iOS and ChromeOS applications to enhance teaching and learning. Apple Teacher certification is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate has experience with elementary coding and robotics platforms, especially MIT Scratch and Lego software. Experience implementing the Common Sense Media digital citizenship curriculum is encouraged. The ideal candidate will be able to learn to support 3D printers and other makerspace tools, including basic troubleshooting steps.
A demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and inclusive community is essential. Additional key qualities for this position include warmth, compassion, cultural competence, flexibility, and humility. A successful candidate will be able to work effectively and constructively with faculty, staff, administrators, and parents for the benefit of students and the community.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.