Lower School Teacher Aide (January through June 2022)
Carroll School, Lincoln, MA
Located in Waltham, Lincoln, and Wayland, Massachusetts, Carroll School is an independent day school that serves students with language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia. Carroll School empowers children to become academically skilled students who are strong self-advocates and confident lifelong learners prepared to enter other academic settings.The Carroll Lower School is located on the Waltham campus and serves grades 1-5.
Carroll School recognizes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to ensuring students’ success and to empowering us all. These elements are critical to the culture of our adult community and a moral imperative. The work we do at Carroll changes lives. As such, we welcome candidates who have strong interpersonal and culturally responsive communication skills and a proven ability to interface professionally and collaboratively with a variety of constituents.
Research shows that people from underrepresented groups apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Carroll School encourages you to break that statistic and apply as it’s rare to find applicants who meet all the qualifications. We look forward to receiving your application.
Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salaries and benefits, including comprehensive professional development programming.
The Carroll School seeks candidates with a growth mindset and a true passion and commitment to lifelong learning. Candidates who are motivated by helping students to attain a strong sense of identity, self-worth and who are eager to equip students with skills and strategies for academic success. The ideal candidate brings a collaborative style, is self-directed, child centered and values a community of highly engaged, compassionate, motivated educators who embrace and apply culturally responsive teaching practices.. We are seeking candidates with interest in working with and teaching students with language-based learning differences and who are drawn to acquire the necessary competencies to successfully teach our type of learners.
This position will assist and cover classes in the Lower School and will support will any special Projects or general needs of the Lower School Division, grades 1- 5.
- Support needs of the Lower School Division including any special projects, classroom instruction, small group instruction
- Make materials for classroom instruction
- Work with students on an individual basis as directed by classroom teacher
- Sub in classes when teachers are out
- Participate in recess and lunch duties
- May assist in after-school and before-school program activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience working with children preferably in an education setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest to participate in school sponsored trainings such as Orton Gillingham and Cognitive Development
- Flexible and willing to learn