Lower School Teacher
The Bement School, Deerfield, MA
The Bement School, a kindergarten through grade nine coeducational day and boarding school in historic Deerfield, Massachusetts, seeks a lower school teacher with a focus on grades K – 3 to join a vibrant learning community with students from all over the United States and the world. Our students enjoy a rigorous, hands-on, multidisciplinary approach to learning that prepares students to be compassionate, respectful, and resilient global citizens.
The Bement School intentionally fosters a community where members of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, nationalities, and perspectives actively share and grow together in a truly holistic learning environment.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree
- Three years teaching experience
Candidate should be:
- motivated, dedicated educators eager to collaborate across grade levels, divisions, and subjects
- knowledgeable about childhood development and learning styles
- flexible, with a sense of humor and joy in working with children
- experienced in project-based learning and prudent integration of technology
- committed to individual and professional growth and to working on a team
- ready to cultivate relationships with students, parents, colleagues, and the wider community
- familiar with, and motivated by, the unique challenges and opportunities of being part of an independent and boarding school community
The successful candidate will embrace collaboration, demonstrate flexibility, and balance the foundation of the past with the possibilities of the future. The Bement School offers a competitive salary, retirement program, and full benefits package. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The Bement School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who represent diversity for the school are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit a letter of interest, updated resume, and list of three professional references via email to Toni Costa: email@example.com