Lower School Substitute Teacher
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
BB&N is seeking qualified Lower School substitute teachers for the 2021-2022 academic year to provide coverage for expected and unexpected faculty absences. Primary responsibilities include teaching in a range of age levels and subject areas and providing a consistent and optimal learning environment by following the lesson plans. Additional responsibilities include covering duties and attending events outside the classroom as needed.
The ideal candidate should have a 1-3 years teaching experience at the elementary school level, an understanding of cognitive and social development for children at this age, and a strong knowledge of instruction and assessment practices in Mathematics and English Language Arts. In addition, candidates should be well-versed in interdisciplinary curriculum, project work, and anti-bias curriculum. A Bachelor’s degree is required, and a Master’s degree is preferred.
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate:
- Joy working with elementary aged students, and an understanding of child-development for this age group
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Knowledge and commitment around diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and the impact it has on the classroom climate and curriculum
- A desire to continue seeking professional development
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues inside and outside of the curriculum
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and families
- Curriculum design and assessment experience
- Ability to receive feedback
- High standards of professional conduct