Lower School Physical Education and Health Teacher
Friends Academy, Dartmouth, MA
Friends Academy is a small, progressive EC-8 school of 250 students on the south coast of Massachusetts. We are known for having a strong sense of community that balances academics, the arts, social and emotional learning, and outdoor activities.
We are looking for a Lower School physical education and health teacher for the 2022-2023 academic school year to join our team. This role teaches small sections of physical education and health to Early Childhood through fourth grade multiple times per week. The ideal candidate would be interested in developing a program in a school that values the physical and social-emotional well being of students and in partnering with the middle school physical education teacher and Athletic Director to create a holistic vision for education at Friends Academy.
The ideal candidate would:
- Serve as a role model for students and demonstrate a commitment to our school’s mission
- Design, implement, and creatively deliver the physical education and health curriculum for grades EC-4
- Promote responsible citizenship and respect for diversity and differences
- Have a positive outlook on the world and opportunities for young people
- Desire to contribute to something larger than oneself and have a deep-seated belief in the power of teamwork
- Differentiate curriculum for different learners
- Be dedicated to social-emotional learning and positive discipline practices
- Collaborate with grade teams and departments to create an integrated academic program for our students
- Be involved in extracurriculars and coaching as well as field trips
- Coordinate Blue & Gray Day event
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field as well as teaching experience
- A passion for elementary students, a sense of humor, and positivity and warmth
- Dedication to teaching and learning in a vigorous, progressive school community with commitment to equity and inclusion.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Jamie Ross-Cory, Assistant Head of School for Instruction and Student Life.