Lower School Music Teacher
The The Meadowbrook School of Weston, Weston, MA
The Meadowbrook School of Weston, a junior kindergarten through eighth grade school located seven miles west of Boston, is seeking a music educator to join our faculty starting in the 2023-2024 academic year.
This full-time teacher is responsible for teaching music and choral classes in JK through grade 5. Students in these grades are provided multiple opportunities to perform for audiences throughout the year. The LS Music Teacher, in partnership with the Arts Department Chair, is responsible for planning and carrying out performance events. Additional daily responsibilities include primary duties, writing reports, communicating with families, and attending faculty and division meetings.
At Meadowbrook, smart, passionate people join together in an expansive learning environment with rigorous academics and innovative curricula to inspire, challenge, and empower students to achieve at the highest level, connect deeply with a diverse community, and courageously create change.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ educators, or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools. We are committed to an inclusive school experience for all those who come to work at Meadowbrook.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred)
- Previous music teaching experience with students ages four to eleven with ability to cultivate a passion for music and musical proficiency.
- A confident, adaptable, and collaborative mindset to be able to work with many LS teams and departments.
- Experience working with children and using a variety of teaching methods to support learning styles while helping students grow their skills and confidence over time.
- Strong classroom management skills are essential and knowledge and experience with Responsive Classroom is preferred.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, including but not limited to ensuring representation in the curriculum, intentionality in teaching approaches, and consideration in planning performances.
- Exceptional vocal arrangement and accompaniment skills.