Lower School Lead Teacher
Lincoln School, Providence, RI
Lincoln School, founded in 1884, is an independent K-12 Quaker girls’ school in Providence, RI. We are currently seeking applicants for a full-time Lead Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. Lincoln School values working with a diverse faculty and staff and seeks applications from individuals who share our commitment to educating girls to fearlessly embrace the
opportunities and responsibilities of full citizenship in a complex world.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for all aspects of the classroom:
- Creates a joyful and respectful classroom environment that celebrates the uniqueness, perspective and cultural background of each individual and that is actively anti-racist
- Fosters a classroom culture of challenge, active learning, engagement, independence, and perseverance
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized classroom which supports student learning, collaboration, and choice
- Understands the subject matter, pedagogical approaches, and resource materials of the grade level
- Designs unit and lesson plans that use a variety of instructional formats, are differentiated, and include multiple opportunities for formative assessment; uses assessment to adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs
- Collaborates, plans, and communicates effectively with support staff within the classroom (e.g., Learning Skills Specialist, Math Specialist, School Psychologist, Teaching Assistant)
- Evaluates and maintains accurate records of student academic performance and social-emotional development
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences
- Builds strong, appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner
- Actively participates in staff meetings, committee work, and school events
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous professional growth
We seek a dynamic teacher who inspires students and works collaboratively and creatively with
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s in elementary education preferred
- Elementary classroom teaching experience required
- A passion for teaching and learning and an understanding of and appreciation for the developmental range of the age group
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Continuing interest in professional growth
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, with a desire to collaborate with colleagues
- Professionalism in all aspects of the job
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, statement of educational philosophy, and a list of 3-5 references to Julie Stafford, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lincoln School is committed to building an equitable and inclusive educational community. Applicants are requested to address in their cover letter how they will work with us to further this goal.
More information about Lincoln School can be found on our website at www.lincolnschool.org.
Lincoln School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of groups historically underrepresented in independent schools are strongly encouraged to apply.