Lower School Executive Assistant
Shore Country Day School, Beverly, MA
POSITION OPENING: Lower School Executive Assistant
SHORE COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL (Beverly, MA)
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, On Campus
Reports to: Head of Lower School
Using PDF format, please send a resumé and a cover letter describing how you meet the below criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lower School Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support for the Head of the Lower School. The Lower School Executive Assistant serves as a source of information for lower school students, families, employees, visitors and ensures the smooth operation of the Lower School. The Executive Assistant is a trusted partner maintaining confidentiality around highly sensitive information, always exhibiting the highest level of professional integrity.
In living out our Equity and Inclusion Commitment, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds, abilities, and lived experiences to apply, including candidates of color, candidates who are members of the LGBTQ+ community, neurodivergent candidates, multilingual candidates, and other candidates from historically underrepresented communities.
- Understand and anticipate the needs of the Head of Lower School regarding preparation for and scheduling of all activities
- Maintain the Lower School calendar, coordinate filing, photocopying, and other necessary office work
- Coordinate teacher absences and arrange for substitute teachers
- Screen/greet/direct visitors to the Lower School
- Collaborate with colleagues to arrange parent/student conferences
- Provide communication with parents/students and support their needs
- Maintain student information using learning management web-based tools
- Attend other meetings and perform other duties as requested by the Head of School.
Skills and Competencies:
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Strong proficiency in email, calendaring, spreadsheet, and database programs
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- At least 3 years of successful administrative support experience, preferably in an executive office
Shore Country Day School (Boston Metropolitan area) is a Pre-K – Grade 9 independent day school serving students of all social identities. Our commitment to anti-racist and culturally responsive teaching, staff, and administrative practices are the privilege and responsibility of every member of the Shore Community. All employees are supported through mentoring, significant professional development opportunities, and a culture of intentionality for individual belonging and innovation.
- Video of Shore leaders discussing worklife, courtesy of Strategenius.
- Employment page with Videos of Shore teachers and students.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Shore Country Day School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.