Lower School Director of Equity and Inclusion
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy seeks a Lower School Director of Equity and Inclusion to begin July 1, 2022.
The Lower School Director of Equity and Inclusion is a member of the Lower School’s leadership team, and reports to the Lower School Principal and the Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer.
The Director of Equity and Inclusion leads the Lower School’s justice, equity, and inclusion efforts. They develop, implement, and manage division-wide programs and policies with the goal of dismantling institutional, interpersonal, and internalized marginalization. They facilitate structural support for students, parents, and Lower School employees, and provide an equity lens and anti-oppression vision to every aspect of student life.
- Provide strategic DEIJ leadership, based upon the Lower School’s immediate and long-term plans.
- Lead the Lower School Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Implementation Team.
- Oversee the DEIJ budget for the Lower School.
- Work with a team to develop orientation programs for new students of color, white students, and families.
- Work with a team to bring workshops, programs, and speakers to the Lower School throughout the academic year.
- Support student affinity groups and affinity programming for employees and parents.
- Work with faculty and staff to name DEIJ goals and track outcomes. Serve as a resource in their development of equitable policies, curricula, and pedagogy.
- Work with the Lower School Principal to ensure equitable hiring practices.
- Partner with Lower School Dean of Teaching and Learning to embed DEIJ skills across the curriculum
- Coordinate with DEIJ leaders in the Middle School and Upper School.
- Work closely with the Lower School DEI Parent Engagement Committee
Work closely with Lower School Admission team to support strategic recruitment efforts
The Lower School Director of Equity and Inclusion should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Experience as a teacher and DEIJ practitioner at the lower school level
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, including public presenting
- A commitment to cultivating an anti-oppression mindset within themselves and others
Eagerness to give and receive feedback
For more information about Milton Academy, please visit our website at www.milton.edu.
Please apply for the position through the Careers webpage at https://www.milton.edu/about/careers-at-milton/.
With your application, please include:
- A resumé
A letter, which includes a personal statement on equity, inclusion and justice