Lower School Changemaking and Technology Integration Specialist
Brookwood School, Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA
About Brookwood School:
Brookwood is an Early Childhood through Grade 8 independent school of about 300 students located on a beautiful 30-acre wooded campus in Manchester, MA on the coast of the North Shore of Boston. At Brookwood, kids come first—not the test, not trophies, not to-do lists. We know how kids learn best. Every day, we use our expertise to challenge kids intellectually and ensure they feel valued so that they can grow into their best selves. Our program focuses on fostering a joyful community of lifelong learners and upstanding global citizens who embrace a culture of curiosity, kindness, and academic accomplishment. Brookwood also offers a playful, collaborative work environment for 85 faculty and staff who go the extra mile to do what is best for kids.
Brookwood School seeks an innovative and motivated Lower School Changemaking and Technology Integration Specialist to join the Changemaking Team beginning in the 2023-2024 school year. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in problem-based learning and technology integration in elementary and middle schools. The candidate will be familiar with makerspace tools including 3D printers, laser cutters, and a wide range of power and hand tools. The candidate will be conversant in 3D modeling software and other digital fabrication tools, AR/VR software, and digital learning platforms. The Changemaking and Technology Integration Specialist will possess strong communication and relationship building skills and the ability to take initiative to grow both the Changemaking and Technology Integration programs.
- Maintaining and provisioning the equipment including 3D printers, laser cutters, laptops, iPads, robotics, etc.
- Create opportunities for students and adults to engage with physical, hands-on learning and project design in and out of scheduled technology lessons
- Promote and coordinate cross-curricular opportunities in the maker space
Instruction and Integration
- As part of the Technology Department, design and deliver weekly STEAM lessons to grades K-4
- Collaborate with teachers across grades and disciplines to integrate technology in meaningful ways in their curriculum
- Share innovative technologies to broaden the possibilities accessible to students
- Build teacher independence and capacity in technology
- Create documentation, curriculum, and learning materials to support students and faculty
- As a part of the Technology Department, help manage support needs and infrastructure development
- Troubleshoot hardware issues
- Maintain the Technology Department’s responsive and welcoming culture
- Bachelor’s degree in education, educational technology, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum three years teaching experience with a technology emphasis; Lower School experience preferred
- Experience using multiple pedagogical strategies to build and assess student skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of research-based practices for effective elementary school instruction
- Proficiency in and a commitment to antiracism, diversity, equity and inclusion
About Changemaking at Brookwood:
Brookwood’s Leadership and Changemaking initiative provides students with opportunities to practice solving real world problems. Changemaking work is rooted in Design Thinking and Project Based Learning.
Changemaking learning experiences are characterized as being:
- Authentic: The work done by students resembles the world of adult work. Students engage with real issues using design processes and tools that create functional solutions for their target audience.
- Meaningful: Students are aware that what they do clearly matters.
- Impactful: Students are provided with multiple and spiraling opportunities to make a positive difference in the lives of others and the world around them during their time at Brookwood.
- Collaborative: Students work with various constituents, in- and outside of school, to complete their work. Local and global collaborations are equal and reciprocal participants in the finding and solving of problems.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ+ candidates or candidates from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools. We are committed to an inclusive school experience for all those who come to work at Brookwood.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to Alicia Drury, receptionist, at firstname.lastname@example.org