Lower Elementary Montessori Teacher – Horizons Summer Program
Lexington Montessori School, Lexington, MA
The Horizons Summer Program is seeking a dedicated Montessori Teacher to join our team for a 3 and 6 week position from June 24th through August 2nd. This unique opportunity allows the selected candidate to provide a Montessori based curriculum in a dynamic and enriching summer program environment located at Lexington Montessori School. We are looking for an enthusiastic educator who is passionate about fostering a love for learning and creating a supportive atmosphere for our students.
- Implement Montessori teaching methods to create an engaging and inclusive summer learning experience.
- Develop and adapt Montessori materials and activities suitable for the summer program curriculum.
- Maintains attendance records, writes lesson plans, teaches lessons, creates bi-weekly classroom newsletters and prepares final student report
- Foster independence, self-motivation, and a sense of community among students.
- Plan and execute age-appropriate and level-appropriate lessons and activities, aligning with the Montessori philosophy.
- Observe and assess individual student progress, to better prepare the material for the needs of each child.
- Establish positive and effective communication with students, parents, and program staff.
- Create a safe and nurturing classroom environment that encourages independence, curiosity and exploration.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to ensure a cohesive and enriching experience for students.
- Participate in program-related activities, staff meetings, and training sessions.Collaborate in creating new and exciting activities for students.
- Participate in field trips, bus rides and swimming pool trips.
- Montessori certification for the applicable age group.
- Previous experience as a Montessori Teacher is highly preferred.
- Commitment to the principles and philosophy of Montessori education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of state and federal background checks.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fill out the application posted on our website and submit a resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Horizons Summer Program is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.