||Lower Division Physical Education
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to their greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The Park School seeks a dynamic, flexible, and patient Physical Education Teacher. This teacher is a member of the School’s Lower Division (grades PreK-4) and reports to the Head of the Lower Division. The ideal candidate will have a strong background teaching physical education to lower school-aged students.
- Teach five sections of physical education
- Design, plan, and implement student-centered lessons which demonstrate a deep understanding of the academic discipline, curriculum, instruction, child development, and best practices, aligned with the goals and mission of The Park School
- Establish and implement expectations for student safety and conduct; and procedures and routines, consistent with School policies
- Assess student performance and engagement, including academics, behavior, and social-emotional needs, while communicating directly with students, colleagues, and families both formally and informally when necessary
- Collaborate with all Park School employees as appropriate
- Participate in and contribute to an adult learning community by engaging in meetings, discussions, committees, task forces, and professional development.
- Complete administrative tasks and coverage duties as assigned (student supervision, attendance, reporting, documenting curriculum, etc.)
- Utilize feedback and reflection to improve practice and performance
- Ensure that respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion, social emotional learning, and academic excellence are emphasized as core values of the School
- Participate in school community activities
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of teaching experience at the lower school level is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with students, colleagues, and other adults
- Strong communication skills, including experience in writing student comments and other school-related documents
- Demonstrated experience working in a culturally diverse community
- Motivation for and interest in professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching and learning
- Previous experience and/or interest in athletic coaching or supporting student-led clubs, organizations and events
- To apply, visit the posting on our careers page and click apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of teaching philosophy with your application.
- The Park School offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a strong professional development program.
- We welcome candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.