||Lower Division Librarian (Sabbatical Coverage)
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to their greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical, and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The Park School Library holds a central and valued place within the school as a busy site for interdisciplinary learning and the exploration of ideas. The librarians are committed to developing a collection of diverse materials; creating a welcoming, inspiring community space; and continually seeking and sharing new knowledge in the education and information fields. The Lower Division Librarian reports to the Library Director and works in a department of four. The ideal candidate will bring a history of collaborative, self-directed work, strong teaching skills, a sense of mission about the future of libraries, and experience with academic technology integration.
- Empowers students to be curious and enthusiastic readers
- Designs curriculum and teaches weekly lessons for PreK through Grade II
- Actively engages the community in multiple perspective-taking, by curating and recommending a diverse set of resources
- Builds collaborative relationships with faculty and staff, with special responsibility for Lower Division
- Works with faculty and students to evaluate, promote and use existing and emerging resources and technology
- With a focus on Lower Division, creates community learning experiences, including reading initiatives and celebrations, author visits, and hands-on learning activities and digital resources
- Demonstrates a passion for lifelong learning; pursues professional development in education and technology
- The library department, acts as a thought leader in the school, investigating and introducing current ideas from library and education fields
- Participates in the school community, including faculty and committee work, school duties, and extra activities such as clubs and assemblies
- Transporting and shelving books in a multi-level library space
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Early Elementary instructional proficiency
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion practices
- Demonstrated interest in libraries
- Demonstrated experience in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated experience working in a culturally diverse community
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem-solve, and set priorities
- Comfort/ Fluency with a wide range of technology
- To apply, visit the posting on our careers page and click apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of teaching philosophy with your application.
- The Park School offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a strong professional development program.
- We welcome candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.