Long Term-Substitute Physical Education Teacher/Assistant Athletic Director (Full Time)
Brookwood School, Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA
Brookwood is a PreK-8 independent school of 300 students located on a beautiful 30-acre wooded campus in Manchester, MA on the coast of the North Shore of Boston. At Brookwood, kids come first—not the test, not trophies, not to-do lists. We know how kids learn best. Every day, we use our expertise to challenge kids intellectually and ensure they feel valued so that they can grow into their best selves. Our program focuses on fostering a joyful community of lifelong learners and upstanding global citizens who embrace a culture of curiosity, kindness, and academic accomplishment. Brookwood also offers a playful, collaborative work environment for 85 faculty and staff who go the extra mile to do what is best for kids.
For the spring term 2024, Brookwood seeks an experienced and enthusiastic physical education teacher to join the physical education/athletics department. Our carefully sequenced physical education program, beginning in Early Childhood and culminating in 8th grade with interscholastic and intramural seasonal athletics teams, is designed to help each child develop an appreciation for healthy competition and the benefits of being physically active.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of child development and best practices for teaching children from Early Childhood-grade 8, exceptional written/verbal communication skills, and an infectious sense of fun. Dedicated to graduating students who are upstanding global citizens who embrace a culture of curiosity, kindness, and academic accomplishment, Brookwood actively pursues candidates with a strong focus on multiculturalism, equity, and inclusion. The candidate will put students’ needs at the center of decision-making, will be a self-reflective educator who models a growth mindset, and will be an inspiration to and collaborator with a high-performing faculty.
- An experienced educator, background working with K-8 grade levels preferred
- Has a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
- Possesses strong organization and communication skills
- Maintains effective relationships with students, faculty, administration, and parents/guardians
Duties and Responsibilities:
The teaching of Physical Education classes includes:
- Assist with the development and implementation of a physical education program and curriculum for grades Early Childhood-grade 5
- Teach and supervise classes independently and co-teach with the other PE teachers
- Set high learning and behavioral expectations while maintaining a climate of responsibility, safety, enthusiasm, and fun
- Demonstrate multicultural competency for teaching and working in a diverse, inclusive community.
- Provide constructive, timely feedback that fosters a growth mindset in students
Assistant Athletic Director duties may include:
- Assist Athletic Director in payment and confirmation of officials.
- Assist in coordinating and posting practice and game schedules for gym and fields.
- Write and post alerts and/or messages to students, parents, and families in regards to athletic updates, cancellations, changes, etc.
- Assist with social media posts and graphics.
- Game day operations: supervisor and assistant at home games during the school year (afternoons).
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to Alli Moore, Executive Assistant to Head of School , email@example.com.