Life Science Teacher
Tabor Academy, Marion, MA
Tabor Academy seeks a compelling and passionate educator as a temporary, part-time Leave replacement to teach some of/all four sections of Life Science courses in our Science Department from September 26, 2022 to October 21, 2022.
Tabor’s Science Department seeks to foster scientific curiosity in our students, helping them become critical thinkers who are prepared for the role that science and technology will play in their lives whether they are scientists or scientifically knowledgeable citizens. Tabor’s science courses occur in integrated laboratory/classrooms, incorporating hands-on lab experience into the routine of the class.
The successful candidate will:
- possess an understanding of current teaching pedagogies and adolescent development
- model flexibility in both implementing best learning practices and pursuing success for each student
- ideally demonstrate fluency with academic technology that advances learning for students and a willingness to integrate technology into classroom experiences
- enjoy collaborating with colleagues within and across subject areas, and all aspects of school life
- invest in the community and participate in the lives of our students outside of the classroom
- convey patience, empathy, enthusiasm, and optimism in their work with adolescents and faculty
- have excellent interpersonal, communication (writing, listening, speaking), and organizational skills, and the ability to interact and work effectively with students, parents, faculty and other employees with professionalism.
- be self-reflective, able to work independently, and committed to professional learning and growth
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Electronic materials only, please. If interested, please send employment application, letter of interest, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Biology – Fall Leave” in the Subject line.